Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chapter Three: Practice Makes Perfect

Over the next three weeks I had obsessed about that feeling, I was an addict after just one dose, I had to be able to replicate it. I talked with Patrick and he said he would ask his mom if she knew anything about it, and that I should do the same. My mom had been, at the time, a psychologist for special needs children so I figured if my experience was psychological she would be able to help. She told me that when your body experiences something traumatic it will release a chemical called adrenaline that can make all kinds of weird stuff happen, and that it was relativly normal to experiance those sorts of things. My mom also suggested that if I wanted to try to replicate the experience I should try meditation because meditating would give me more control over my body. Patrick's mom however practiced wholeistic medicine and believed that as DeeJay was kicking me, he might have actually hit my spinal cord and that I should see a doctor to make sure no permanent damage was done. Being in the shape that I was, I was in no hurry to see a doctor, so I kept Mrs. Fox's information to myself. I decided to try meditation and found I was insanely good at it. I could have myself in a complete trans in just under two minutes and within a month I could replicate the feeling exactly. I started to consume any information about meditation like a wild fire, and I loved it. I could physically lower my body tempature, slow time down, hold my breath for extreme amounts of time and it felt great. But one time when I was at the library in Tradius, I found a book about meditation that had a chapter labled "Telekinesis and Meditation." This chapter of the book said that people under a very deep trans could become so in tune with the world that they could feel and even move objects with their minds. I completely discarded the information, because I knew it was fake and continued reading about how to better myself at medition. Stop here for a moment and take a lesson. Unless you have seen with your own two eyes that it doesn't exist, assume that it is real. I'm not saying to be unrealistic, but there are things humans are capable of far beyone what we have ever been taught is possible. I won't go into further detail yet, but I promise you, this lesson is one of the most valuable lessons I have ever learned. After finding no new information about meditation I decided to put it on the backburner for a while and focus on my social life. Patrick and I tried desperatly throughout the school year to make new friends, or maybe get invited to more parties ect. I remember it was sometime in the winter because as I walked into school my shoes were wet with melting snow when it happened. In front of me stood the prettiest girl I had ever seen. At about my height her beautiful brown hair fell carefully on her soft shoulders. I can remember even now that she was wearing a white shirt with bright colored flowers, happily springing up from the bottom and a denim short skirt that revealed her beautiful legs. Without noticing I had stopped in my tracks, mouth wide open staring. Patrick ran up to me "Dude are you ok?" he said, I cleared my throat and then responded with a silent nod of my head and continued walked. Patrick and I always sat alone at lunch which gave us about a half hour where we would be able to talk about anything we wanted. The topic of today's conversation was the new girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment